Reducing our environmental impact
The EARSeL Symposium is a medium scale event and will likely have only a moderate environmental impact. Still, we can try to minimize our footprint regarding travelling to and in Bucharest, accommodation, catering, venue, information media, badges, signage, printed programmes, welcome bags and other items or activities related to the Symposium. This page provides some information on our green initiatives that we hope will allow us to achieve more sustainability.
We strongly encourage all attendees to help reduce the environmental impact of their participation by considering the following:
- Travelling by public transport to and in Bucharest whenever possible.
- Using a reusable water bottle.
- Checking the Symposium and Workshop information online.
- Please take a look at our travel guide section for more detailed information on travelling to and in Bucharest.
- Coffee and tea will be served in reusable cups; however, we will provide the participants with multi-use coffee mugs for their coffee(s) to go
- We strongly encourage our on-site catering partner to offer more selections of seasonal vegetarian and vegan food.
- Our on-site catering partners are also encouraged to reduce packaging waste to a minimum.
- We will offer a printed paper programme book, however, reduced to essential information (Symposium and session schedule overview, overview maps of venue sites). This will be printed on 100% FSC or recycled paper.
- Information about the Symposium will be available online.
- There will be no welcome gift bags. Notebooks and pens (both from sustainable sources) will be available to those who require them